Shell McElroy has an immediate career opportunity for a Superintendent for our Atlanta office. The Superintendent will be responsible for managing all assigned projects from beginning to end, including costs, quality, schedule, safety, and profitability as well as completing all phases of on-site supervision. The Superintendent will also manage paperwork and provide professional communications between Shell McElroy and our subcontractors. The Superintendent will be a representative for customer service and overall customer satisfaction while establishing new, and maintaining existing, relationships with Clients, Architects, Engineers, Subcontractors, and Vendors.
Candidates with at least 4-8 years of experience in commercial construction are most likely to be successful. A Bachelor’s Degree in construction, engineering or related field is preferred. Strong communication and organizational skills are essential. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply today!
What You Can Expect to Do
- Obtain preconstruction information from Project Manager (PM). Ensure all drawings, specifications, and addendums and bid packages are included. Post addendums to appropriate contract documents
- Review all Contract documents for overall understanding of responsibilities
- Assist PM in creating, updating and implementing project schedule
- Keep project site clean and safe at all times
- Schedule and supervise all labor and materials on jobsite
- Coordinate subcontractors and suppliers to ensure work is done efficiently and meets the highest quality standards
- Read and interpret plans and specifications, ensuring they are met during construction
- Monitor and inspect work in progress
- Complete all reports and records in an accurate and timely manner
- Prepare schedules and supervise completion of final punch list
- Conduct regular safety meetings
- Develop strong relationships with clients and act in a professional manner at all times
- Communicate frequently with Project Manager and Executives regarding project status
- Develop, distribute and update project schedule
Positions require verification of employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
Shell McElroy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.